Search Results

Monday, May 31, 2010

Young Afghan Brides Flogged for Escaping: Inhuman act


What is wrong with the people in this world? Seriously. I can't seem to go a day without asking that question anymore.

This is the 21st freaking century. We're educated people here. Please educate your idiotic, twisted minds! Not that any of those would be reading this anyway. Though I seriously wish they would! Because when reading this article, I had the strongest desire and urge to go to that village, get a belt 10 times stronger, and beat each of those people present 80 times. On their rear ends. Then have them sit on a heated frying pan. Without any clothes. Then, electrocute them. And throw them in a den of lions.

If these people really think they are some sort of religious leaders, somebody needs to shake the reality into their pea-sized brains. They are not religious leaders, they are The Barbaric Idiotic Organization for Morons leaders.

Now that I have let some of my steam off, I would like to add a brief account of what happened for all those who haven't read or don't want to read the attacked article. Basically, two girls (ages 13 and 14) from the village of Gardan-i-Top in the province of Ghor were forced into marriage to much older men. They both managed to escape, dressed as boys. However, their bus was stopped at a checkpoint in the western Herat province. They expected the police officer to be on their side since the law was too. However, the dim-witted (yes, I just did) police officer recognized that they were girls and sent them back to their village. Bravo points for you there, little moron friend.

Back at the little village, there was a little so-called trial of the girls. Local mullahs and a former warlord who rules the village, Fazil Ahad Khan were present. The spectators consisted of men in camouflage uniforms who watched and videotaped the floggings. A local mullah struck both the girls, giving them 40 lashes each with a leather strap. He was striking them hard enough that he hurt his own wrist once. Personally, I hope you burn in hell, dude.

Neither girls made a single noise throughout these lashes, although one's face was streaked with tears. Brave girls. There strength makes me smile.

If anyone is ready to challenge me and say that these floggings were deserved and this is a totally normal act under the light of Islam is not even worthy of a dignified response from me. Instead I shall greet them with a boiling saucepan to their faces or maybe 40 leather strap lashes?

No. This is not in any way, shape, or form an Islamic act. No where in the rules of Islam would this kind of barbaric act ever be condoned. Instead this would be a highly punishable act. And I hope these barbaric morons will meet their justice in a seriously painful way some day.

The girls were considered divorced by the mullah and sent back to their family. I can only hope that they will be treated better. But my hope is weighed down by the fact that their families are the ones who forced them into marriage in the first place. God help these idiotic morons.

You know, I'm glad I actually have somewhere to let all this steam off. I just really hope this post can make its way to these idiots I refer to. And someday I can actually go into these places and help my fellow sisters. Ameen.

Love,
Amna.

No comments:

Post a Comment