Search Results

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Old News, New Views: Lawrence Taylor charged with a sexual assault case

Hiya peoples!

I'm sure you all heard when the Ex-NFL star Lawrence Taylor was charged with third-degree rape of a 16-year-old runaway girl forced into prostitution. The news was broken to me by my Econ teacher in our class the day after it hit news channels. We often got into discussions about the latest news hype.

I heard a lot of people mention that maybe he was set-up or that he didn't know the age of the girl. Now let me ask you, if you were a 51-year-old man in a room with a 16-year-old girl, couldn't you tell that the girl was a teenager? Or that the girl was way too young for you?

Reports indicate that the girl was beaten up by her dealer and forced to go into the room. I'm sure a person could tell when a girl was beaten and forced into something. However, he still went ahead and sexually assaulted her. Taylor's lawyer commented that Lawrence did not have any sexual relations with the girl. However, from what I read, a rape-kit was done on the girl and it came back positive.

I'm sure the authorities must have some DNA evidence to be able to charge such a famous personality. But I would just like to say that I am purely disgusted that anybody could act like this. Where's people's respect and dignity? To sexually assault an underage girl. Moreover to force a poor runaway girl into prostitution. It is just sad that people's minds can work this way.

At the same time, a note to girls out there. Don't runaway from home. You don't know what you'll encounter out there. Moreover, don't trust strangers. If there's something going on at home, then talk to someone. Or maybe just call 1-800-RUNAWAY and get some help. Running away is one of the most dangerous thing to do because there's predators out there looking to prey on young, innocent runaways.

Love,
Amna.

No comments:

Post a Comment