Search Results

Sunday, May 30, 2010

How to make a McDonalds McGriddle: Amna style

Yeah. Random, I know. But I was just thinking about making another one and thought why not post the recipe? I would just like to add here that I am not a McDonalds employee or anything. This isn't in any way, shape, or form the official McDonalds recipe or anything. I'm just a McGriddle lover without a car or the ability to wake up early in the morning.

So, I just looked at a couple of pictures of McGriddles remembered some contents from memory and figured this out. So, this is how I put together a McGriddle at home when I'm not able to go outside and have one.

THINGS YOU'LL NEED:

- Two pancakes
- A slice of cheese
- An egg
- Pancake syrup


ZE PROCEZZ:

1) First of all, take an egg out in a bowl and beat it. Then, add some salt and pepper according t your taste. I added a pinch of salt and very tiny pinch of crushed black pepper. Then beat it some more.
2) While you're beating the egg, put a frying pan on the stove and add some oil to it. After it is considerably heated, add the egg to it. Push the egg into a rectangle shape while it's still liquidy (get it square if you can, I still haven't perfected that yet). Fry it until it's yellowish-brown (or however you like your omelette).
3) While you're making your omelette (or after it), you can make a couple of pancakes. I personally hate frying pancakes so I just get ready-made pancakes and heat them in the oven.
4) When you're done with you pancake, take one of them and put the slice of cheese on it and put it in the microwave. Heat them for about 10 seconds so the cheese is melted to the pancake. (Caution: This might make the pancake very hot).
5) Now put some syrup on the cheese, put the omelette on top of it (fold it in two if you made the rectangle shape), add some more syrup on the omelette, and put the second pancake slice on top.
6) ENJOY your McGriddle!

I tried it numerous times. And for me, it turned out great! If you don't have pancakes readily available, you could use two slices of bread and cut off the edges. It's not the same but it's close enough.

I hope this helped you guys!

Lovez,
Amna.

No comments:

Post a Comment