Search Results

Monday, May 31, 2010

Gaza Flotilla Raid: Another sad happening

Hiya there.

So, this morning I read about the whole Israeli raid at Gaza. Both sides are saying that the other initiated the attack. What I can't understand is why a bunch of journalists would attack soldiers? Doesn't make sense. And I'm not even trying to be biased here, trust me. Anyhow, we don't know what exactly happened. Although I have read on different sources that there are some video accounts of what happened. I just hope that the U.N. investigates this and comes to a conclusion soon.

I don't care who started it and who killed who. This whole fighting on that poor place needs to stop. Why can't people stop killing each other? I don't understand why people aren't happy with what they already have. I just wish both Palestine and Israel would come to an agreement and settle this. So many innocent lives have been taken in this stupid egotistical struggle for power.

In my opinion, the Gaza blockade is just inhumane. I neither know nor care what the Hamas has been doing there, but whatever it is, it's not the poor Palestinian citizen's fault. Why are they going through this? Have all of these so called world leaders thought about the poor children there? What they have to put up with? Nobody seems to care about what sort of circumstances these poor kids are growing up in. No wonder kids from both sides grow up to hate each other. It's because of the circumstances they grow up in. And add on top of it that they are told all this sorrow is because the other side is evil. How hard would it be to hate the other side and blame them for your sorrows?

It's just really sad to hear about all this death and destruction. It's been so long that people don't even think much of the number of people dying there everyday. You know it's depressingly sad when that happens. I shudder to think what it would be like to live in such a place. I just wish somebody would lock the two leaders in the room and tell them to talk it out like real men. Sheesh. So many lives are not worth wasting on the ego problems of the leader. All they do themselves is sit on their high chairs and give orders to keep their ego intact while all the poor soldiers are the ones falling on both sides.

This war has been going on too long. Somebody needs to shake these leaders and tell them to get over it. I may not be a super knowledgeable scholar or something, but I know this much: there is no religion on this earth that in its truthfulness supports violence or war. If it does then people must have interpreted it wrong.

Anyways, this is all I had to say about this so far. I hope this conflict can come to an end soon and somebody can put some sense into these pigheaded leaders. With that said, I hope all those fallen in this attack and the ones preceding it rest in peace. And I hope God gives patience to their families and those injured.

Love,
Amna.

No comments:

Post a Comment